Good morning everyone in Oregon! Are we enjoying the snow? It’s very fun and I hope it continues because it’s SNOW! So today is the third day of 2016 can you believe it? I am having a hard time thinking about and not being totally confused, excited, and trepidation. I’ve been able to keep up with my resolution of making one meal a day at home. This morning I’m having tea with oatmeal and that is lovely but I do have to do grocery shopping but it will be a good day before I have to go back to work. Be well on this snowy day.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using a paring knife, cut a tapered circle around the stem of the pumpkin (as if you were making a jack-o’-lantern). Remove the top of the pumpkin and trim any stringy bits. Scoop out the pumpkin seeds with a spoon and discard (or save, if desired).
3. Place the rosemary, thyme and sliced leek in the cavity of the pumpkin. Pour in the chicken stock and season with black pepper. Add the grated Parmesan cheese, then replace the top of the pumpkin.
4. Transfer the whole pumpkin to the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until the exterior of the pumpkin is golden brown and shiny, and the flesh inside is very tender, 1½ to 2 hours. (If the exterior is browning too quickly, reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.)
5. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and take off the top. To serve the soup, scoop several spoonfuls of pumpkin flesh from the inside, place in a bowl and top with a ladleful of broth. Finish with more pepper and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Hey everyone so we didn’t get funded on the Kickstarter but we are still going strong and so we just launched our store for some swag. Check it out and let me know if you would like to see anything different.
I had a great BLT the other day and then today I had a craving for it again but I didn’t have any bacon but I did have some tomatoes from the garden and swiss chard… and then I remember I had salmon. So I steamed the salmon cuz that was the fast way of cooking it I found. Then I had to fish all the bones out cuz the salmon was from a friend who caught it this summer and had too much. Dressed it up with a bit of salt and pepper then I crushed a garlic clove and some olive oil for some more flavor plus a splash of lemon. Then I toasted up my bread and sliced my tomatoes and assembled my Salmon, Swiss Chard, and Tomato SST. Honestly I think I am just going to call it sit down and eat stupid cuz it was amazing to eat.
So I came accross this today on my internet searches for all things yummy and growable and found this. These are 9 different options for getting exactly what you would need on a 2000 calorie day of foods. Honestly what I am finding more and more is that we need far less food than we consume. In fact the best results of a healthy sustainable food loving people is to graise through a day.
If you are worried about maintaining good weight control you need to eat every 2 hours.
Need to regulate your body’s sugar eat every two hours.
Want to give your body the energy it needs to get through a physically or mentally demanding job? Eat every two hours.
This is what I’ve been told for years and I finally started listening to it and taking it into my life and it has made a world of difference. So be good to yourself and plan to eat every 2 hours and you will be healthier and in better balance with your body’s needs.